What To Wear In Greek Islands
To sum it up - keep it relaxed and casual
- The same advice applies pretty much throughout the Greek Islands - travel light, and we mean really light.
- Avoid anything too smart - Greece really is very casual.
- All you need during the day is beach wear, flip-flops, sunglasses, a sunhat and a sarong or kaftan for lunch at a Taverna.
- For the evenings again keep it light and simple; lightweight Capri pants, sundress or skirt work well with flip flops.
- It gets hot hot hot in the summer so pack plenty of sun screen (we love the Riemann P20 range - apply just once a day, even if swimming, for a whole 10 hours protection), a sun hat and sunglasses.
- The roads are often unmade and stony so comfy flats are a must for anywhere away from the main towns (for comfort you can't beat Hotter shoes, and they look great too).
- If you go on a trip that involves a visit to a Monastery, if you are not covered up correctly they will issue you with something that may not be to your taste; so just make sure that you have a wrap, pashmina or sarong with you to cover your shoulders and legs.
- And if you take a boat trip you may find there's a cool breeze out on the water. The sun will be extra strong too and you may not have much cover. A sarong or t-shirt will give protection from both - and don't forget your hat.
- Keep bottled water out of the sun as the plastic bottles can release dioxins when they heat up, which is not healthy. An alternative is to use a 100% BPA-free foldable water bottle. Reusing your water bottle will also help you do your bit for the planet - millions of plastic water bottles end up in landfill every year.
- For more pictures and ideas, see our Pinterest board: What to Wear on a Beach Holiday.
- Stay healthy on your trip - travellers' diarrhoea can affect as many as 50% of people travelling abroad. We've tried and recommend Bimuno Travel Aid pastilles to help support your digestive health. And WhatToWearOnHoliday readers can claim a great 10% discount on Bimuno using code WHBIMUA at their checkout.
From Our Shop
Great products to pack for a holiday in Greek Islands:
See all shopping recommendations for Greek Islands >
Roomy backpack that fits easyJet's hand luggage guarantee more >